An unexpected, exciting, and fascinating thing happened to me this week.
I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by W. C. Cunningham.
One Lovely Blog Award
So what is the One Lovely Blog Award?
It’s a blog hop with a twist. A scavenger hunt in blog land, if you care to look at it that way.
The rules are simple.
As a nominated blogger, I have to share 7 facts about myself that none of you know. I also have to share 15 blogs I enjoy reading. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
If your blog is on my list, don’t panic. You are not obligated to participate. This is entirely freewill and is designed to have fun with and to promote our blogging fellows.
If your list of favorite blogs isn’t 15 blogs long, don’t sweat it. List the blogs you do like. Take a look at my list. You’ll see only 12 blogs listed.
Just to show you how easy it is, here are 7 facts you probably don’t know about me.
1. I don’t watch TV. At all. We haven’t had a functioning television in the house since before the high definition boxes became necessary. I don’t miss it at all. Not one bit. Not watching TV frees up a ton of time for other things. Like reading books. Or writing them!
2. We don’t have cell phones. Well, actually, we do. But they’re not smart phones. No camera. No apps. No display. At the moment, no batteries, either!
3. I like old cars. Hubby does, too. Our newest car is my 1996 Chevy Corsica, currently in need of a radiator. Our oldest car is the 1951 Ford Coupe my husband’s grandfather bought brand new. It’s in need of quite a few things. Our daily car is the 1995 Buick LeSabre we inherited from my mother-in-law, which she inherited from an uncle.
4. I helped milk cows throughout my growing up years. Yes, that does mean I’ve milked cows by hand. They still need to be milked when the electricity goes out, after all.
5. My big dream growing up was to become a world famous artist, traveling the world in a private jet to see expensive race horses and show horses owned by millionaires. I have been to Canada to photograph a millionaire race horse and I’ve painted portraits of other horses with million dollar-plus earnings. So far, though, the private jet has eluded me.
6. I walk at least 12,000 steps every day. This is no accident. My husband and I like to take walks together anyway, but we’re on a health plan that pays into his health savings account based on the amount of steps we take each day.
7. I like coffee sweetened with good, old fashioned maple syrup. It’s not something I drink everyday, but the rich taste of maple syrup and black coffee sure does hit the spot on a chilly day.
Here are thirteen blogs I follow regularly (in no particular order).
1. Joel C. Rosenberg – Flash Traffic
2. Edie Melson – The Write Conversation
3. Christine – The Better Novel Project
4. Thomas Umstattd, Jr. and James L. Rubart – Novel Marketing
5. Randy Ingermanson – Advanced Fiction Writing blog
6. Danielle Hanna – Danielle Hanna, Author
7. Lindsay Buroker – Lindsay Buroker Fantasy Author
8. Jody Hedland – Jody Hedlund, Author
9. Sharon Srock – Women of Valley View
10. Deborah Paris – A Painting Life
11. Thomas Umstattd, Jr. – Author Media
12. Rob Eagar – Wildfire Marketing
13. Don and Stephanie Prichard – Stranded, A Novel (serial)
Thanks to Mr. Cunningham for the nomination.
Thanks to you for reading. I hope you’ll take a few minutes today or this week to visit some of these blogs. Maybe they’ll make your favorite list, too.